Getting pumped for race day!

I’m sitting here drinking my pre-marathon pop (good idea or great idea?) and getting psyched for the race tomorrow!

The weather should be okay (it starts at 9):
Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 4.52.59 PM
I’ll take mid-30s and sun over rain any day.

My dad should arrive between 9 and 10pm tonight, and we’ve been emailing back and forth to make sure our fuel bases are covered:

Pre-race: bagels and/or waffles with Nutella (him) or peanut butter (me).  He has cereal too.  I think I would barf if I ate both and ran.

Mid-race: I’m going with fancy fruit snacks (PowerBar Energy Gel Blasts, strawberry banana flavored).
Post-raceMyoplex.  These protein drinks are miracles in a bottle…they do wonders for muscle soreness!

Here’s the race plan:
See how an 8:00-8:15 pace feels and stick with it as long as I can.  If it doesn’t feel good, slow down to what is comfortable (and either finish out the race or stop after 20 to save my legs for the Flying Pig in May).  My ultimate “reach” goal time is 3:35, which is an 8:12 pace.  I’m not very confident about finishing in 3:35 tomorrow, but I’ll shoot for it and see what happens.

In other news:
We survived the first week back from spring break!

Ryan and I went to Life Group last night, and it was great to see everyone after skipping a few weeks from being so busy.  Alicia made tacos, so I piped in and said Ryan and I would bring Mexican rice without thinking that I had a meeting Thursday evening and had no time to make it.  Ryan and his culinary self offered to do it!  [Just like the time I promised my medical audiology class I would bring in cookies and then got really busy and stressed out, so Ryan made cookies for my friends while I studied in his living room.  Wow!]

I bought the ingredients we needed, but didn’t get them over to Ryan before he left for school on Thursday morning, so after a quick brainstorm via text, we decided I would leave the bag under his car.

One of my many talents is being almost late to everything and everywhere and scrambling at the last minute to do so.  Thursday morning was no exception.  I didn’t have time to make it all the way to Ryan’s car (about 100 extra feet), so I put the bag under my car.  Except I didn’t really have time to put it under my car, so I put it next to my car.  And the sun was shining, so I spent the day wondering what sort of plant was growing out of the onion next to my car.

Anyway, it all worked out; the bag didn’t get stolen, Ryan made delicious rice, and we had a fun time with our friends!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s