My fellow gradstudent-runner-blogger Kelly over at Running In Scrubs nominated the mile report for the Liebster Award! It’s passed around to small blogs (<200 followers), and the point is to write 11 fun facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions you were given. So here we go!
11 fun facts:
1. I started running in high school to get in shape to march the Rosebowl parade (7 miles) carrying a trombone. Now I run a whole lot more than I play my trombone.
2. If I had a super power, I would pick the ability to regulate the temperature in any given room. My name would be “Super Seventy-five-and-sunny Girl!”
3. I have never ever pressed the snooze button on my alarm.
4. I’ve been told by many strangers that I look like Natalie Portman. I’m not sure about that, but it’s a fun compliment to hear!
5. I recently threw out the rotting pumpkin I bought in October. I think it’s fun to watch things decompose…like this four-week old banana I found in my gym bag!
6. I love the idea of creative writing and get really excited when I read creative writing prompts.
7. I coached GIrls on the Run for three years in undergrad and hope to coach again in the future.
8. I have seen an embarrassingly small amount of movies in my lifetime and cannot even correctly quote the most basic ones.
9. I have been the treasurer for two student organizations, and I still can’t do anything past depositing a check.
10. I think I drink double the daily recommended amount of water.
11. My favorite race distance in the half marathon.
1. What is your favorite place you’ve visited?
Hmm. If we’re talking vacation, I went to Hawaii and Hollywood with my high school marching band, but my ideal vacation is a combination of family, food, running, and cards, and the location doesn’t really matter.
2. First concert?
Probably Ichthus, a Christian music festival in Kentucky.
3. What food could you eat forever and never get sick of?
Peanut butter oatmeal, watermelon, and any variety of pretzel. Actually, let’s go with frozen yogurt.
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
DIet Coke and lots of coffee.
5. Do you have a pet?
No, I’m not really an animal person. Bre’s dog Chunk lives nearby, so I get to pet him all the time!
6. Biggest pet peeve?
Littering and when people text and walk without looking where they’re going.
7. Beach or mountains?
Mountains! The beach is sandy, sun-burny, and seaweedy. Every time I walk into a store like Columbia or REI, I want to buy everything and go backpacking. (Note: I’ve never actually been backpacking and would probably whine more than I do at the beach.)
8. Bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Maybe when I chased down a runaway wagon carrying triplet babies and a cute kitten. Or more realistically, every solo I ever took in concert band, jazz band, and marching band.
9. What was your favorite class in school?
10. What is your most played Pandora station?
Hillsong United, Sara Bareilles, and Maroon 5.
11. Favorite season?
Definitely fall! Perfect running weather, peak race season (missing my CMU club runners!), pumpkins, campus excitement (I hope I’m not saying this one for many more years), candy corn, bonfires, apples, and more running.
Okay, so instead of nominating other bloggers because I’m not sure who has already done it, I’m posing two questions for EVERYONE:
1. Would you rather have a built-in GPS or built-in calculator in your brain?
2. How long was the longest nap you’ve ever had?