Last week, Emmeline sent me the Liebster award and a fun list of questions to answer! 🙂
Back to the questions. Here we go:
1. You have unlimited space and resources, how many pets do you have and what kind?
Probably none; I don’t really like animals. (Before you think I have no soul, I do think baby animals are pretty cute). If I REALLY had unlimited resources, maybe a family of sea otters in an underwater castle, observable through a glass wall.
2. What sports/activities did you do as a young child (prior to age 12-ish)?
Um, I went through a lot of phases. Soccer, softball, swimming, gymnastics, karate, tap & ballet, piano lessons, art classes…I think that was about it. In case you are wondering, I was bad at all of them except art.
3. What is the first thing you do when you visit your hometown? (other than seeing family/friends)
Lately it’s been going through the Skyline drive-thru for a greek wrap.
4. You get an all expense paid vacation anywhere you want but only for a week (no around the world trips!), where do you go?
Somewhere pretty with mountains and trails and water. And I would like to bring family and friends.
5. Favorite American city to visit and why?
I want to visit more cities before I pick my favorite, though right now I’d be willing to go anywhere because a vacation sounds fabulous.
6. What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list?
I would love illustrate a children’s book. Or create a viral youtube video. Or whistle as a bird in a movie.
7. What novel has been the most influential at any stage in your life?
I’ve thought long and hard about this question because I feel like I should be able to spew out some sort of profound literary classic, but nothing stands out, so this is a weird answer: I appreciate cleverness, and I remember reading Holes in elementary school and thinking Louis Sacher tied every string together perfectly.
8. You can choose: be able to run for life but never get faster than a 9:00/mi or you get the next year to be amazing and win marathons but then you can never run again. Which do you choose? (aka the Achilles question)
Run for life but never faster than a 9:00/mi. It would be AWESOME to run fast enough to win marathons, but not at the cost of never running again.
9. Do you have the same favorite color as when you were a child? What is it now/then?
Nope! It was purple for a long time, so I painted my room different shades of purple and collected purple things. Then I switched my favorite color to blue…
10. Favorite article of clothing?
Instead of passing the torch of nominations, I am going to hand over a few questions to anyone who wants to play along!
1. What’s the best way to spend a Saturday morning?
2. If you had to open any sort of business, what would it be?
3. Would you rather have a permanent headlamp attached to your head (you are able to turn it off) or permanent retractable roller skates on your feet?