What do you write about when you have a running blog but aren’t running…and instead you’re catching up on Pretty Little Liars in between reading articles for summer classes? I’m not sure, so I didn’t. But I’ll try today with a Friday Five link up hosted by Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney: Five things about me
1. I kill spiders with my bare hands because my aim is better without a tissue. BUT if its body is big enough to make an audible crunch when I smash it, tissue all the way.
2. My college dorm gave out superlatives, and I got “Goody Two-Shoes” both years I lived there. I bet my parents were proud to hear that one..
3. I am directionally-challenged to the max, and exploring a brand new city alone sounds like a horror story. I’d rather kill a crunchy spider bare-handed than navigate a confusing detour (note: all detours are confusing).
4. I don’t like rereading books or rewatching movies because I don’t want to relive the sad/bad parts. It’s like knowing an impending doom and not being able to stop the characters from meeting it.
5. This is how I organize and plan my strength workouts:
When I find a good (and realistic…seriously) workout on a blog or pinterest, I write it on a little piece of paper and stick it in my gym bag. On non-running days at the gym, I sift through the papers to find something appealing. I think giving myself an option helps me get excited about the workout.
And since I haven’t been running, I’ve been using that pile of papers for my workouts, and they’re kind of fun! Fortunately, my knee feels okay for burpees and for running short distances.
Tues: 3 x (run 5 min, 15 tri dips, 15 curtsy lunge+squat, 20 push ups, 20 leg lifts, 20 ab, 20 bridges, 60 sec plank, 20 supermans, 5 burpees); pm yoga
Wed: 7 x (5min AMT, 5 burpees, 10 push ups, 10 fire hydrants/leg, 60 sec plank, 10 tri dips)
Thurs: 3 x (5 min AMT, 25 squats, 25 bridges, 40 sec wall sit, 20 back lunge+kick) with 5 burpees between each move; pm yoga
Fri: same circuit as Tues
Final note: my super short hair has graduated to only needing a medium-sized headband and 2 bobby pins to (mostly) stay up! I am living for the return of curly hair’s glory moment: the 5-second messy bun.
What’s a fun fact about yourself?
Highest number of burpees you’ve ever done in a row?