Almost weekend! Does anyone have anything fun coming up? I think I want to make some sort of DIY project because now that I’ve lived in the same apartment for a year, it’s probably about time to decorate. Pinterest is calling my name…
Guess what?! I ran yesterday. 5.7 glorious miles with my friend Erin.
It was my first run in a week and a half, and I was hopeful that the hip strengthening I’ve been doing would completely mitigate the knee pain. For the first 5.5 miles, I was SO HAPPY to be running again–I felt like I was flying (um, until I looked at my pace), and my knee felt awesome!
…and then my knee hurt after 5.5 miles, but the timing worked out quite well because we were basically back to our cars. I’m not healed yet, but I’m hopefully getting there.
Erin and I covered a loop around campus and chatted away. She’s my “summer 2014: binge-watch terrible yet awesome shows on Netflix” partner, and I finally finished PLL this week, so we had a lot to talk about.
Thank and link to the person who nominated you
List the rules and display the award
Share seven facts about yourself
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
- Most of my bookshelf is contemporary fiction, but of my nonfictions, the majority are about: happiness, running, the Holocaust, child development, or autism.
- I eat oatmeal in a very particular (some say weird) way: cook it in the microwave, then let it sit for 20 extra minutes until it hardens…you should be able to do this:
…and then spread peanut butter on the top.
- I have been the treasurer for two college clubs/associations, and now I am completely sure that I am not meant for a logistic, mathematic, or financial career path. I am thankful for a father, sister, boyfriend, friends, and classmates who don’t cower at the sight of spreadsheets.
- My favorite singer/songwriter is Ingrid Michaelson, and I’ve seen her live twice in Michigan. My second favorite artist is Sara Bareilles.
- Games that I am really good at: Spot It, Taboo, logic puzzles. Games that I am really bad at: Mario Kart, Wiffle ball, random trivia. Games that I hate: Monopoly (see #3).
- My college diploma doesn’t have my middle name on it because I forgot to write it on the form. Whaddup, Summa Cum Laude.
- I haaaate cold weather, and I use two Happy Lights over the winter. I also keep a plastic water bottle in my car so that I can celebrate when it thaws out. Sometimes you need to be creative with coping mechanisms…
I nominate everyone.
What section of a bookstore do you go to first?
Favorite game? Least favorite game?